Shaheed Zulfikar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology (SZABIST) is a fully Chartered Institute established through a Legislative Act of Sindh Assembly (Sindh Act No. XI of 1995) and is approved and recognized by Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan, as a degree granting institution. SZABIST has campuses in Karachi, Islamabad, Hyderabad, Larkana and Dubai (UAE). SZABIST is a registered member of the International Association of Universities (IAU), Paris; Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), London; Association to Advance Collegiate School of Business (AACSB), Singapore; Federation of the Universities of Islamic World (FUIW), Rabat; Asia University Federation (AUF), Seoul; Asia – Pacific Quality Network (APQN), China; and Management Association of Pakistan, Karachi.
Business Week, the leading international business magazine, has listed SZABIST among the best business schools of the world for six years (2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006 &. 2008).
Asia Inc, a leading Asian Magazine, has ranked SZABIST among the top MBA Schools of South Asia in its Asia's Best MBA Schools Survey for two consecutive years (2003,2004). SZABIST is one of the top 15 business schools from South Asia ranked in Asia Inc.
SZABIST is also ranked among the best Science and Technology and MBA schools in Asia by the CNN-Time publication, Asiaweek. SZABIST is also listed in the CNN Executive Education Schools, 2009. SZABIST, thus, has the unparalleled honor of being the only Pakistani Institute to be recognized internationally by Business Week, Asiaweek, Asia Inc. and CNN.
SZABIST has signed articulation agreement with the University of Wales, UK. SZABIST has also signed MoUs with the State University of New York, USA; University of London, UK; Universal Academic Management Organization, UAE; EMC Computer Systems Austria GmbH, and the Asian Academy of Film &. Television, India.
SZABIST today is identified as a major university comprising of five campuses (including one foreign campus) Four ZABTech(iTVE) Units and four intermediate colleges . Over 5000 degrees have been awarded by SZABIST to date.
"Learn to live with modern Technology "
To build a sustainable future for the youth through skill development thereby significantly improving their quality and standard of living.
To enhance global competitiveness, through a quality and productive workforce by developing demand driven, standardized, dynamic and integrated technical education and vocational training service.
The prime aim is to provide technically trained human resources to the Industry in the province, as per their demand. This will ultimately lead bridge the Skill Gap which will lead to a quantum jump in the exports of the country, by value addition and responding to technological shift in the manufacturing & facing the challenges of Globalization.
- To create a growing force of skilled workers through technical & vocational education with a positive mind-set and a strong work ethics.
- Promote and provide demand driven technical education & vocational training.
- Develop & regulate centralized online examination & Certification System to ensure uniformity of Education & Training Standards.
- Enhance the participation of World of Work in training activities and support OJT (On Job Training) to trained trainees.
- Develop a dynamic technical and vocational training system to ensure horizontal and vertical mobility.
- Establish close relationship with various sectors of economy namely industry, Services and Commerce.
- Motivate the local entrepreneurs to patronize the training programs of ZABTech (iTVE) institutions and provide on-the-job training facilities and employment to the graduates.
- Set up regular Monitoring/Evaluation & Feedback system for the vocational training and teaching education to respond efficiency to the existing and changing demand of the market.
- To help place trained youth in local and regional organizations, which in addition to enhancing their earning capacity, will also generate foreign currency remittances for Pakistan.
- Establish a staff development system to offer demand oriented teacher & instructor training and upgrading performance. (Competency Based Training) .
- Organize and conduct seminars & workshops for various types of personnel associated with vocational training and technical education .
- Establish Data Banks for skilled workers and technicians.
The Directorate of ZABtech(iTVE) hopes to build a sustainable future for the youth of Sindh Province thereby significantly improving their quality and standard of living. We intend to create a growing force of skilled workers with a positive mind-set and a strong work ethics.
Our goal is to help place these individuals in local and regional organizations, which in addition to enhancing their earning capacity, will also generate foreign currency remittances for Pakistan.