To contribute skills development needs of National Development Plan at community level, ZABTech under Public and Private Partnership implemented two-year project. “Community Empowerment Through Skills Enhancement” in collaboration with Community Development Program (CDP), Planning & Development Department, Government of Sindh at Sehwan District Jamshoro.
Under this project 818 out of School, unemployed youth were trained in market driven core business skills in 05 Sectors :
- Mechanical Technology
- Electrical Technology
- Information Technology
- Business Administration
- To train 820 out of School unemployed youth of Sehwan on core business and market relevant skills.
- To contribute skills development needs of national/ Provincial development Plan at a community level.
- To provide currently unemployed graduates (Male & Female) with an opportunity to improve their current employment potential.
- To ensure pipeline of Skilled and experience young people for the future development needs of their own districts (Jamshoro) and beyond.
Project Activities :
- Social Mobilization
- Establishment of ZABTech Sehwan
- Hiring of Staff
- Capacity Building of Staff
- Technical and Vocational Skills Trainings
- On Job Trainings
- Industrial Coordination and Linkages
- Employment of Graduates
- 818 trainees were successfully trained in Chinese language, computerized accounting/ book keeping, office automation motorcycle/chingchi mechanic, light vehicle driving, beautician, advance make up & hair styling and entrepreneurship, mobile phone repairing, dress making and advanced dress making.
- Signed 40 Memorandum of Collaborations with local industries, organizations, workshops, home based businesses, not for profit organizations for the work place based and on job training of trainees.
- 56 % employment (on wage and self-employment) is achieved till date.
- 58% women are successfully employed (On Job/ Self Employment).
- Graduation ceremony was organized at Chief Minister House Sindh.
- The Institute is fully sustainable, serving the needs of youth of Sehwan.