SZABIST, supporting Government of Pakistan’s vision of “Skills for Employability, Skills for all” has been implementing Prime Minister Youth Development Program in partnership with National Vocational and Technical Training Commission of Pakistan at all Institutes across Sindh since 2014.
Objectives of the Project :
- To develop technical and vocational skills of unemployed youth belonging to lower and middle class families.
- To remove poverty, to enhance employment opportunities, to provide skilled work force to large, medium and small scale Industry and to meet the international labor market needs.
Activities & Achievements:
- Provided 06 months’ trainings in market relevant skills to 3447 trainees at Hyderabad, Larkana, Shaheed Benazirabad, Khairpur Mir’s, Gharo (thatta), Sehwan & Tando Muhammad Khan.
- Assisted trainees with internships and employment opportunities.
- Provided tools kits to trainees for decent work.
- Provided business management and financial management trainings to each trainee.
- Trainee from Larkana was qualified for World Skills Competition.
- 15 trainees won cash prizes in Provincial Skills Competitions organized by NAVTTC.
- 28 trainees won Zonal Skills Competitions organized by NAVTTC.